freetds - RE: [freetds] FreeTDS and DBD:Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frank Wu <Frank AT webcom.com.au>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] FreeTDS and DBD:Sybase
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:02:26 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: David Mohorn [mailto:dm4714 AT cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 9:02 AM
To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS and DBD:Sybase

Hello, I installed FreeTDS about 12 months ago on my RH Linux 7.2 machine.
I've compiled it with DBD:Sybase in order to access Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
and 2000.

1) How do I determine what version I have installed?

For DBD::Sybase, perl -e 'use DBD::Sybase; print $DBD::Sybase::Version,
"\n";'
For Freetds, find include/tdsver.h in your freetds installation, grep
TDS_VERSION_NO tdsver.h

2) How can I upgrade my version to the latest without re-installing
everything from scratch? I would assume I could simply recompile TDS and
link in my copy of DBD:Sybase? Or should I download the latest Sybase?
How do I un-install Sybase?

You have to install freetds and dbd/sybase from scatch as dbd/sybase deponds
on freetds lib.
Don't need to uninstall dbd/sybase, installing new version will overwrite
old one.

Thanks

...david