freetds - [freetds] ODBC Username?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Shuttlewood <andrew.shuttlewood AT futureroute.co.uk>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] ODBC Username?
  • Date: 25 Feb 2003 10:55:17 +0000

I've installed freetds-0.61rc yesterday, and I've been trying to use it
with unixODBC. It appears to work using tsql (this is to a Sybase
server).

However, attempting to connect I always get told that the username is
wrong. Looking at the dump file the username is not being sent (unlike
with the tsql tool, which is sending it correctly)

I have specified the username in the odbc.ini (UID = ...), yet it is
obviously not being used. From what I can make out of connectparams in
libtds, UID is the correct name for this parameter.

The current entry is

[Test]
Driver = /home/as/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = Sybase
Trace = Yes
Server = 127.0.0.1
Port = 4100
Database = test
UID = xxx
PWD =
TDS_Version = 5.0

Which seems okay (I've tried using freetds.conf, but this doesn't like
me either!)

I'm sure I must be missing something unbelievably obvious. It doesn't
seem to complete the DSN info function however, as it only reaches my
initial fprintf.

Sorry if that seems rambling, not enough caffeine around ;) Am I missing
something really obvious? It looks like the UID argument isn't being
parsed, although everything else is (does it exit the DSN parsing
function for any reason?)