freetds - RE: [freetds] ODBC Username?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Shuttlewood <andrew.shuttlewood AT futureroute.co.uk>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] ODBC Username?
  • Date: 25 Feb 2003 11:18:25 +0000

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 11:07, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:
<snip>

> UID and PWD are not parsed from odbc.ini.
> This is clearly (I hope) state in
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/x1848.htm.
> odbc.ini is world readable so is not good to store such information on it...

Ahhh, I didn't quite understand the DSNless connection stuff (as UID is
listed in the table, I just read it as okay)

I understand that it's a bit of a gross hack having the DB password in
there, but we're pulling data internally only, and in fact, mostly to
migrate it to a different database.

second question - is select top x * from .... not supported in freetds
or a limitation of the underlying database? (kinda muddling my way
through this I'm afraid!)