freetds - Re: [freetds] Stange ODBC behaviour

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Davison <cd AT securityfocus.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Stange ODBC behaviour
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:39:19 -0700

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 03:35:43PM -0700, Craig Davison wrote:
> The call to sp_helptext is not really an error (it returns
> SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO to the program) but the key point is that it returns
> no data (not an empty rowset).

What I mean by this is that you can use your own stored procedure that
returns no rowset and have the same results. I just chose sp_helptext with
a bogus parameter because I can't think of any other builtin stored procs
that would return no rowset off the top of my head.

--
Craig Davison
Symantec Corporation