freetds - RE: [freetds] ct_options

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] ct_options
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:57:41 -0500

Well, that's certainly easy, but I had in mind the hard way, implementing
the 5.0 packet.

What I'm puzzled about is pretty fundamental. I don't understand the bowels
of libtds very well, but afaict it's a big jump table, where each sending
function blocks on a read if it expects an answer.

When I send TDS_OPT_SET or TDS_OPT_DEFAULT, the server issues an
acknowledgement with TDS_DONE(FINAL). The error bit is set in the TDS_DONE
if the option request was not processed successfully. I request an option
with TDS_OPT_LIST, answered by the server with a
TD_OPT_INFO packet.

Someplace I have to say, "Look for the answer and tell me what it is, so I
can respond to the user. I can't return from ct_options() until I hear back
from the server.

I suppose I can send the packet, call tds_process_default_tokens(), have it
look for the response token and return, whereupon I read the packet with
tds_get_byte() and friends. Is that the way it's done?

> (Also, it might be a good idea to call it tds5_send_optioncmd().)

Good point. Thanks.

--jkl

out such orders and/or instructions.