freetds - [freetds] ct_options

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] ct_options
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 01:32:59 -0500

Owing to I know not what, some enchantment by the GNU fairy perhaps, and
beguiled into thinking it wouldn't be that hard, I wrote ct_options. It
compiles and has been committed to CVS.

Before you get too excited -- you know who you are -- it doesn't work yet.
It checks all its inputs and is prepared to call a new function:
tds_send_optioncmd(), which is half-written. I stopped where anyone
might, where I got stuck. If you look at the function, you'll see what I
mean. If you're someone familiar with reading and writing bytestreams
from/to the server, I could use a boost.

I don't know how to go about reading from the server, having sent what I
need. Also, I don't know what our "preferred" functions are. What's the
highest level interface I can use?

Also, I don't know if the options token exists in anything besides TDS 5.
I'm assuming not.

If someone who knows how could plunk a few comments in the code or rough
out for me what to do, I think I could have this working in a day or so.