freetds - RE: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 and MSSQL: Trouble connecting (long)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alan Murrell <silkbc AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 and MSSQL: Trouble connecting (long)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:21:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi James,

Yes, sorry about the long post :-( I'll try to say
more with less this time... :-)

> you have a PHP question.

It could very well be that, but I want to make sure.

> The log you posted shows a successful connection
> and retrieval of data.

That was also my impression, but I wanted an
"expert's" opinion on it :-)

> If you're not sure FreeTDS is reading your
> freetds.conf, you could set
> TDSDUMPCONFIG and have a look.

Okay, in my 'db_sybase-connect.php' script, I added
'putenv("TDSDUMPCONFIG=/tmp/tds_config.log");'.

Upon reading it, I discovered that it was not reading
the 'freetds.conf' properly, as it was looking for a
section called '10.10.170.10' (IP address of the MSSQl
server, and changed in this post).

Once I added the appropriate section, the
'freetds.conf' file is being confirmed as being read
properly.

I am starting to suspect a PHP issue more and more, so
I will post to that lsit as well.

Thank you for your time.

Alan Murrell <silkbc AT yahoo.com>