freetds - RE: [freetds] Problems again in the installation of FreeTDS 0.61r c

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problems again in the installation of FreeTDS 0.61r c
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:20:06 -0500

The documentation could be clearer on that point. Since you're having
problems with "make", you might need GNU make, source code for which can be
had at http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/make/make-3.80.tar.gz.

> Convert.c uses "Perl".

No, it doesn't. :-) There's perl code embedded in convert.c, but we use it
only in special circumstances, to regenerate tds_willconvert.h. All you
need to build FreeTDS is a good "make" and a C compiler.

Please install GNU make and try again. If you still have trouble, please do
the following:

$ script make.log
$ make --version
$ ./configure
$ make
$ exit

Send us the first 10 lines and the last 50 lines of make.log. I think that
will be enough information for us to help you. Also, are you using the
nightly snapshot, or the 0.60 release?

out such orders and/or instructions.