freetds - Re: [freetds] Release 0.61, rc1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alf-Ivar Holm <affi AT csc.no>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Release 0.61, rc1
  • Date: 06 Feb 2003 11:29:57 +0100

Craig Davison <cd AT securityfocus.com> writes:

> The new configure line would be:
>
> %configure --with-tdsver=4.2 --prefix=/usr --with-unixodbc=/usr/local
^^^^^^
> --enable-threadsafe --sysconfdir=/etc

May I ask why with_unixodbc is set to /usr/local, and not /usr? If
FreeTDS is installed under /usr, why assume that unixODBC is installed
somewhere else? (RedHat 8's unixODBC RPM is put under /usr - with
configuration files under /etc.)

I configured a 0.61 snapshot like this to get it working with RedHat
8's unixODBC (I installed freetds in /opt to not interfere with
previously installed FreeTDS.):

./configure --prefix=/opt/freetds --enable-shared --disable-static
--with-unixodbc=/usr

(I don't really know if I need the -shared and -static switch - I
copied that from someone else's example. Shame on me.)

Affi