freetds - [freetds] Happy Birthday FreeTDS!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Happy Birthday FreeTDS!
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:44:41 -0500 (EST)

Well, depending on how I count it, FreeTDS turns 5 years old in a few
short days. My first log entry which followed a week or so of toying
around appeared on Febuary 8th, 1998 and since I'll be in Vegas next week,
now is as good a time as any to wish FreeTDS a Happy 5th Birthday. (Our
little baby's all grown up and going to kindergarten ;-)

So with out further ado, the first log entry made by moi (dates are in
north american format, sorry europe).

2/8/98 Should be able to send the first packet to a server soon, my
output is only slightly different than open clients.
This codes pretty crappy right now. I need to clean up alot of
stuff, remove hardcode values, etc...but I'm anxious to see
something work!

There sure were a lot of strange values in that first packet, that I
didn't entirely understand. Of course it was until April 2nd that I
actually let this beast out of my lair, but you have to mark the start
somewhere right?

Cheers,

Brian

  • [freetds] Happy Birthday FreeTDS!, Brian Bruns, 01/29/2003