freetds - [freetds] Happy Birthday TDS!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dan Davis <ddavi32 AT jcpenney.com>
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Happy Birthday TDS!
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:10:26 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Hey,

   Thought I would chime in, as I've been lurking here for a while.

   I've been using freetds with DBD:Sybase and DBI for about 6 months on a V-Class HP-UX 11.0 system in a production environment.  I haven't had a single problem with the TDS drivers.   The programs I'm using are written in Perl and PL/SQL (Oracle), and interface to an MS-SQL server using the FreeTDS drivers.  I did have to make some minor changes to the FreeTDS package to get it to compile, but nothing major.  I'm not quite current (using FreeTDS 0.53, DBI-1.15, DBD:Sybase 0.91), but it does everything I need it to.  Great work on a very useful package!

Dan Davis

material. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

  • [freetds] Happy Birthday TDS!, Dan Davis, 01/29/2003