freetds - [freetds] php-4.3.0: Does it support freetds--with-sybase= ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ron Creamer" <ron AT pageworks.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] php-4.3.0: Does it support freetds--with-sybase= ?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:34:52 -0500

Hi,

I have freetds 0.60 up and running on a redhat 8.0 system. Both tsql and sqsh are working great to our MS SQL Server.

I'd like to now get it to work with php.

Our Linux system is Redhat 8.0 with apache (actually httpd-2.0.40-11) and php-4.2.2-8.0.5

It's my understanding that I need to reconfigure & recompile php with the "--with-sybase=[location]" directive.

This system is running apache 2.0. Do people have php and freetds via sybase= working under this configuration?

I only ask because when I look at the latest source for php, untar it, and read the EXTENSIONS file. It says that the sybase extension's maintainer is unknown, and that the status is "not working". Whereas for the sybase-ct extension, it is "working".

Basically I just want to get php up and talking to our MS-SQL Server. has anybody used php 4.3.0 with Apache 2.0x and freetds via the --with-sybase directive? If so, were there any other tricks? If not, what version do you reccomend?

Thanks,

-Ron