freetds - Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:01:03 -0600

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:50:27PM -0800, Eric Deutsch wrote:
> locales.conf saved the day!

> I used to have to insert my strftime string "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" into the
> source code before locales.conf. I may the only American who thinks ISO
> date format is a good idea, but having it encoded in locales.conf is
> good for me. Admittedly, it could be put elsewhere, but it does make
> sense here. Don't eliminate sysadmin-settable date formats, please!

Well, if we use the date format provided by nl_langinfo(), it's still
user-settable; in fact, to get an ISO date format, you would do...
nothing at all, because ISO date format is the one that's part of the
default C/POSIX locale. :)

If you want the date format from another locale, you can just set
LC_TIME=ll_CC.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer