freetds - Re: [freetds] automake version requirement for CVS?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] automake version requirement for CVS?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:10:20 -0600

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 04:52:14PM -0500, James K. Lowden wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2003 21:46:06 +0100, Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it> wrote:
> > Il dom, 2003-01-12 alle 21:34, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
> > > What version of automake is required for use with the latest FreeTDS
> > > CVS? After building & installing the libs, I get an error trying to
> > > compile sqsh because /usr/include/tds_sysdep_public.h is missing. I
> > > did notice a message when running 'make dist' that commented on
> > > 'nodist_include_HEADERS' being an invalid variable. Do I need
> > > automake 1.7 for this to work?
> >
> > Some Nick work require some update (like autoconf 1.53)

> >From memory, Steve, 1.53 is the minimum automake version. I am using 1.7.

> The sqsh build shouldn't look for tds_sysdep_public.h. That could well be
> caused by the "invalid variable" problem.

> I could not answer your question from ChangeLog or by scanning autogen.sh.
> I'd say that's a fault. Maybe

Ok. 'AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS' line added to the top of include/Makefile.am to
prevent accidents come release time. Building with automake < 1.53 will
now result in a fatal error (include/Makefile.in will not exist).

The sqsh build doesn't directly look for tds_sysdep_public.h, but it's
referenced by other public FreeTDS header files that sqsh needs (i.e.,
tds.h). This seems clearly to be the reason for nodist_include_HEADERS
being defined; it just doesn't work as intended if automake is too old.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer