freetds - RE: [freetds] Logging

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Logging
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:29:27 +0100

> Hello,
> as James added some logging routines, I thought I'd post some
> logs :-)
> If you begin getting annoyed by me posting log files, please
> tell me and
> I'll stop it.
>
> As every time, this is the login sequence of StarOffice-5.2
> onto a remote
> Sybase 11.0.3.3 server - StarOffice trying to get the list of
> tables in the
> user's default database. Unfortunately StarOffice does never
> get the desired
> information on the tables and on remote connections (Sybase
> sver not on
> local machine) it crashes - like in this example,
>
> Martin.
> --
> Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its
> friends are !
> ------------

Strange !!!
>From sql.log

[ODBC][24903][SQLTables.c][160]
Entry:
Statement = 0x84e7090
Catalog Name = [NULL]
Schema Name = [NULL]
Table Name = [NULL]
Table Type = [TABLE][length = 5 (SQL_NTS)]
>From freetds.log

0000 01 01 00 20 00 00 00 00 73 70 5f 74 61 62 6c 65 |... .... sp_table|
0010 73 20 40 74 61 62 6c 65 5f 74 79 70 65 3d 27 27 |s @table _type=''|

Why it send an empty string ??
Seem a problem of FreeTDS but looking at the code I don't find any
problem...

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."