freetds - RE: [freetds] Update to webpage, Perl, and binary

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Update to webpage, Perl, and binary
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:43:17 -0000

Stephen,

On point 3., BCP stands for bulk copy. It is a special mechanism for bulk
So don't worry too much - If you don't know what it stands for, you're
probably not using it :-)

On Point 4. Normal operations with text/image/binary columns should function
fine, at least as far as FreeTDS is concerned. I can't speak for Perl, but I
can't recall anything to suggest that there are problems in this area.

Bill