freetds - RE: [freetds] API status

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] API status
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:24:53 +0100

> All,
>
> I wondered how complete is FreeTDS's implementation of the
> APIs as specified
> by the vendors. I added some perl to doc/api_status.txt, to
> print out the
> status in a format suitable for loading to the database, and
> then ran a few
> queries. I thought you might be interested in the results.
>
> 1> select name, Total, OK, ToDo, [Done%] from vapi
> 2> select section, Total, OK, ToDo, [Done%] from vapisection
> where name =
> 'dblib'
> 3> go
> name Total OK ToDo Done%
> --------------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
> ctlib 90 33 57 36
> dblib 183 114 69 62
> odbc 76 23 53 30
>
> (3 rows affected)
> section Total OK ToDo Done%
> --------------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
> bcp 14 13 1 92
> browse 11 1 10 9
> core 130 85 45 65
> cursor 9 0 9 0
> procedure 11 10 1 90
> text 8 5 3 62
>
> (6 rows affected)
>
> There are 349 functions identified in api_status.txt, of which 170 are
> marked "OK". That puts us about halfway done, with db-lib
> way out in front.
>

> Obviously, these numbers don't measure quality i.e., clarity,
> flexibility,
> robustness, portability, etc., all of which have seen a lot
> of attention
> this past year. It might be interesting, though, to take
> another snapshot
> next year and see how we're doing.

I updated a bit ODBC api status...
I don't understand how to import and query...
Why you don't split perl code from api_status?

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."