freetds - RE: [freetds] Free TDS Build on HP/UX 11 using aCC A.03.37

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Free TDS Build on HP/UX 11 using aCC A.03.37
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:22:10 -0500

Hi Bruce,

Well, I don't see any errors. Does it run?

There are a lot of warnings, most of which are harmless, some of which might
be OS-related:

$ grep line log |perl -pe 's/^.+# //' |grep ^Type |sort |uniq -c
13 Types 'char *' and 'int' are not assignment-compatible.
18 Types 'char *' and 'unsigned char *' are not assignment-compatible.
12 Types 'const char *' and 'unsigned char *' are not
assignment-compatible.
18 Types 'const unsigned char *' and 'char *' are not
assignment-compatible.
2 Types 'int *' and 'unsigned long *' are not assignment-compatible.
1 Types 'passwd *' and 'int' are not assignment-compatible.
22 Types 'unsigned char *' and 'char *' are not assignment-compatible.
1 Types 'void *' and 'int (*)(cs_context *,cs_clientmsg *)' are not
assignment-compatible.

The unsigned/signed warnings need cleaning up but are probably OK. You tell
me if int* and unsigned long* are the same size. But the char* and int
warnings could easily be trouble, if your OS returns a count and we expect a
pointer, or vice versa. Those need careful examination.

OTOH, if it compiles under GNU, I doubt the code is as broken as these
warnings seem to indicate. I think it's more likely we're getting useful
information about nonfatal problems.

It would help if you could look at the char*/int warnings especially, and
check what return type is defined for your system. I will fix any genuine
problems (functional prototype differences) in the autoconf setup. If you
don't mind recompiling every attempt, I think someone might be willing to
eliminate *all* the warnings. (We also accept patches!) :)

I don't understand why strtok_r is getting pulled in, because you haven't
configured for threadsafe operation.

out such orders and/or instructions.