freetds - RE: [freetds] Free TDS Build on HP/UX 11 using aCC A.03.37

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Free TDS Build on HP/UX 11 using aCC A.03.37
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:07:45 -0500

From: Harrison, Bruce (CXO) [mailto:Bruce.Harrison AT hp.com]
Sent: December 6, 2002 1:47 PM

I attempted to build it using the (HP) aCC compiler A.03.37 on HP/UX V11. I
have tried many different compiler switches, without success. Rather than
dump all of the (compiler) errors here, my question is simply: Has anyone
been successful in building Free TDS V0.60 on HP/UX using the aCC compiler?

Bruce,

I don't remember anyone asking about that compiler. FreeTDS builds with gcc
on HP/UX 11, for sure. We think the code is very portable, but nothing's
portable until it's ported.

However, I'm not sure about the 0.60 release. You probably need a recent
snapshot (since October). We upgraded our autotools since the release, and
made several long strides toward portability.

If it's a matter of compiler switches, that's a libtool issue (which we can
perhaps work around). I tried
http://devresource.hp.com/STK/man/11.00/aCC_1.html to look at the manual,
but their online manual is really really hard to read.

If it's a matter of nonportable constructions, we'd be happy to fix them.

If last night's snapshot doesn't Just Work, please go ahead and attach your
./configure && make output.

out such orders and/or instructions.