freetds - RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:44:45 -0500

Agreed that it's different...but experimentation shows we don't get anything
at all that might provide information about the output parameters in a TDS7
stream for this type of query. The returned stream looks pretty much
identical to what we get using TDS4.2, with the 0xAC token stream
conspicuously missing.

If my statements on this subject are vague and imprecise, they probably are.
I haven't been able to assimilate everything on this topic and it's not a
real high priority for me. My only interest in this matter is having the
unit tests all pass so we don't get a billion questions about the failures
after the next release. So mostly I'm just resorting to hand-waving (or
obscene gestures, take your pick).

That said, if we can find evidence that this really works in TDS7 streams
with MS's libraries, I'm willing to put in some effort towards fixing it for
real in our code base.

Cheers,
--nick