freetds - RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:48:54 -0500

See the TDS 5.0 functional specification, page 227, the last two bullet
items at the bottom of the discussion of the TDS_RETURNVALUE (0xAC) token.
This is the token we use to retrieve stored procedure output parameters.

If you can provide a network trace of a TDS7 conversation involving dbret*()
using MS's libraries, that would be great. I don't have an MS development
setup, so I can't even attempt to do this myself. See
src/dblib/unittests/t0022.c for a test program.

Cheers,
--nick