freetds - RE: Freetds on AIX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: RWilbert AT exchange.webmd.net
  • To: allquadros AT ig.com.br, freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Freetds on AIX
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:04:28 -0500

If it was like my install the configure, make and make install happened with
no errors. But there are no shared the .a and .la files from what we can
tell here are not shared libs. On AIX there were some other arguments that
needed to be passed to the linker. We hacked out the libtool script, and
changed the line for "archive_expsym_cmds" to:
archive_expsym_cmds="\$CC -Xlinker -bM:SRE -shared -o
\$output_objdir/\$soname \$libobjs \$deplibs \$compiler_flags
\${wl}-bE:\$expo
rt_symbols \${wl}-bnoentry\${allow_undefined_flag}~\$AR \$AR_FLAGS
\$output_objdir/\$libname\$release.a \$output_objdir/\$soname"

>From everything that we have seen from AIX man for ld that is what you need
to have to create shared libs.

Before we did that, we did see anything from nm that *.so.o files were
shared libs.

After adding that the it *looks* like a shared file.

I don't know much about PHP so I am speculating here but chances are you
also don't have those libs and PHP is calling to them. With perl I get a
problem with loading the Sybase modules because it fails to load libct.so
(? one of the freetds shared libs. ).

There we no errors with the compile so when I first did it I thought there
was nothing wrong, until dynaloader.pm failed to load Sybase.so because
those so files were not there.

Could you reply with an ls -l of your $FREETDS/lib ? I am expecting it to be
just .a and .la files. 4.3.3 should be able to create and use the so files
versions =< 4.2 create .a or .la for shared.

Looks like we are going on separate tracks.

Are you sure that your .a files contain the shared libs ?

I hope you don't mine but I am posting this back to the mailing list,
hopefully others can shed some light.