freetds - Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Alin Sinpalean" <alin_sinpalean AT users.sourceforge.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 05:33:20 -0500

Hi Tariq,

You did not mention what JDBC driver you were using: FreeTDS or jTDS. The
FreeTDS driver is a JDBC 1.0 driver and it's no longer maintained (for
more than one year, as far as I know). jTDS is a JDBC 2.0 driver, based on
FreeTDS, and it's under active development. It fixes a lot of problems
with the FreeTDS driver and it adds a lot of JDBC 2.0 features.

I guess that since you posted your question here, you are using FreeTDS. I
would recommend you to switch to jTDS. The jTDS project home page is
http://jtds.sourceforge.net

You can also get specific support from there (the people here are only
concentrating on the C version of FreeTDS).

Regards,
Alin.