freetds - need help resolving error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wilson, John" <John.Wilson AT savvis.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group (E-mail)" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: need help resolving error
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:08:42 -0600

I updated to today's (30 Oct 2002) version of FreeTDS and using freebcp
I'm getting this error:

user -S RTDBASESQL -b 1000
Msg 20018, Level 5
General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server.

Msg 20068, Level 1
Batch successfully bulk-copied to SQL Server.

It repeats the above error... in additon, I'm getting this error as well:

Starting copy...

Msg 4803, Level 16, State 1
Server 'RTDBASESQL', Line 1
Received invalid row length 13824 from bcp client. Maximum
row size is 339.
Msg 4803, Level 16, State 1
Server 'RTDBASESQL', Line 1
Received invalid row length 13824 from bcp client. Maximum
row size is 339.
Msg 4803, Level 16, State 1
Server 'RTDBASESQL', Line 1
Received invalid row length 13824 from bcp client.
Maximum row size is 339.
[...]
Msg 4803, Level 16, State 1
Server 'RTDBASESQL', Line 1
Received invalid row length 13824 from bcp client. Maximum
row size is 339.
0 rows copied.

I'm not sure if a bug creeped into this code or not. I've not changed any
configuration, but then the new software may require a new config setting?

thanks
jd wilson