freetds - RE: need help resolving error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wilson, John" <John.Wilson AT savvis.net>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: need help resolving error
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:13:10 -0600

Morning Bill,
The client is a SunOS 5.7 system and server is a MS 2000 running SQL Server
2000 (not running in any compatibility mode).

freebcp used to work before I started to rebuild everything. I think I might
know what what the problem is. I've been running with my development build
and now that I've put everything under CM (CVS) I'm rebuilding from the
start to make sure I can re-create what I have. I may have forgot to set
the TDSVER number, but I put that on the ./configure
command line. I also recall that bcp won't work under 4.2.

Releated to this issue is the freetds.conf file, which I prefer to use over
the older interfaces file. If I build FreeTDS with TDSVER set to 7.0 and
then the [global] tds version is set to 4.2, which one takes precidence? I
would assume that if I specify tds version for specfic server, as long as
FreeTDS was built using the highest tds version you expect to use, that
server will use the tds version as specified.

I just inspected the tdsdump.out file from running a simple tsql (which was
rebuilt) and it's showing up as tds version 4.2. Not sure how this happend
since I set it in ./configure and it's also set in the freetds.conf file.
In the devel build, I left the [global] tds version at 4.2 and explicitly
set the servers to 7.0. This worked for tsql.. although I would have to
find an older tdsdump to prove this.

I think this is the problem with the error below.

I'm also curious about the requirement? for aclocal-1.7. We have 1.6. This
newer version of FreeTDS appears to build slightly different from the
version I started with 10 days ago.

any help would be much appreciated,
regards,
jd