freetds - Re: need some help with freebcp

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: need some help with freebcp
  • Date: 23 Oct 2002 20:47:46 +0200

Il mer, 2002-10-23 alle 18:45, Castellano, Nicholas ha scritto:
> Yes, please have a look. But be careful with the fix. If I remember
> correctly, your last proposed fix was not acceptable because it incorrectly
> changed the behavior of SYBCHAR data with respect space padding at the end.
>
> Cheers,

This is still a TODO. It seem that some library (all?) pad SYBCHAR with
spaces until the length so 'xyz' became 'xyz ' converted to CHAR(6).
ODBC act in such way, other, I don't know/remeber. I think best solution
(if all library use padding) is padding in token.c, after reading from
wire and fixing column_cur_size.