freetds - Re: need some help with freebcp

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: need some help with freebcp
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:12:24 +0100

All,

The "padded out with NULLs" bug was raised a while ago.
I know that I included a fix for it in my last-batch-of-changes-bar-one, so
it may have gone away by now.
It was to do with the length returned by dbconvert().

If it's still there, I can take a look.

Garbage appended to shorter values.
Sounds to me like it could be a different symptom of the same problem.

I've just looked , and I can reproduce BOTH problems.
Unless anyone else wants to take it up, leave it with me. I'll sort them
tomorrow

Looks like I could spend some time on freebcp - sorting out the text fields
issue, getting error handling better and so on. I could also de-dblib the
code so that it can be called from ctlib and odbc...

Bill