freetds - need some help with freebcp

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wilson, John" <John.Wilson AT savvis.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group (E-mail)" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: need some help with freebcp
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:17:19 -0500

I'm trying to use freebcp... I am somewhat new to database terminology so
please bear with me here.

The comments in the freebcp man page say that freebcp does not support
"text" data types. when the target DB is SQL Server 2000.

It would seem to me that freebcp should support reading in a text file like
this:

50004014 10/8/2002 17:31:34 895897.0000
895897.0000 895897.0000 1
50004015 10/8/2002 17:31:34 352936.0000
352936.0000 352936.0000 1

I'm getting this response:
$ freebcp DATUM.dbo.datum in test1.bcp -c -S RTDBASESQL -U dsm_user -P
passnotshown -e bcp.err
Starting copy...

0 rows copied.
The data is not being copied into the table.

I took a look at the tdsdump.txt file... it was not very helpful, but I may
have to dig into the protocol...

I looked for an option that provided a verbose output and could not find
one.

If someone could help out, it would be appreciated. I would think if there
was a problem with the data format it would have reported an error?

Thanks in advance.
jd