freetds - Re: dsnless, status

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sven Köhler <skoehler AT upb.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dsnless, status
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:37:55 +0200

nobody answered yet, so here's my comment:

This morning I finished implementing DSNless and freetds.conf'less
connections in ODBC (i updated userguide too, see iODBC page).

hi!
good work, haven't looked at it yet, but i'm quite sure it works.

i didn't find any changes on the iODBC-page:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/x1760.htm

is there anything mentioned about DSNless connections?

Some question:
- should I read freetds.conf for global options even for
freetds.conf'less connection?

hmm ...
think an ODBC-connect that doesn't reference a Server in the freetds.conf shouldn't use the global options from that file.

BTW: can i configure ODBC-DSNs that are freetds.conf'less?
(the definition of a freetds.conf'less DSN would be a DSN without a Servername option)

- should I readded freetds.conf connections? At the moment I read
"server" option instead of servername, my intention is readd
freetds.conf connections if "servername" option is specified

what do you mean? i don't understand you properly in that point.
especially the word "readded"

- do you think useful to add a "address" option (like ms specification)?
IMHO not...

again i don't understand you that well.
sorry

Thx