freetds - Re: Output parameters (src/dblib/unittests/t0022.c)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Output parameters (src/dblib/unittests/t0022.c)
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:11:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Castellano, Nicholas wrote:

> The behavior of output parameters in TDS 7/8 is different from TDS 4.2. In
> particular, it appears that output parameter results are not sent back to
> the client, so the test in src/dblib/unittests/t0022.c always fails.

So how does one use output parameters in TDS7/8 if they are not returned?
I'd prefer the fix to happen in dblib/tds instead of the unittest itself
via dbtds() or similar (after all the unittest is a valid dblib program).

If TDS 7 returns them in a different fashion we should compensate for
that.

Brian