freetds - Re: PHP 4.1.2 / FreeTDS 0.60 / MsSQL 2000 (remote).

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dustin Marquess <dustin.marquess AT algx.com>
  • To: ftrudeau AT cam.org
  • Cc: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PHP 4.1.2 / FreeTDS 0.60 / MsSQL 2000 (remote).
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:06:53 -0500

The /usr/local/freetds path was the default path in FreeTDS 0.53. In FreeTDS 0.60, the default path was changed to /usr/local.

Since you're using --prefix=/usr/local to compile FreeTDS with, when you configure PHP you need to use --with-sybase-ct=/usr/local . In contrast, if you use --prefix=/usr/local/freetds when you compile FreeTDS, you have to use --with-sybase-ct=/usr/local/freetds .

--with-sybase in PHP uses the Db-Lib interface, whereas --with-sybase-ct uses the Ct-Lib interface. Personally I've only used the Ct-Lib API.

-Dustin

ftrudeau AT cam.org wrote:
Greetings. I found a couple of FAQ on the Internet, and gathered enough
information in order to build a custom RPM of PHP that will include mssql
functions support. According to what I read so far, FreeTDS seams to be a
great solution to achieve this. However, I am having a great deals of
problems doing so ... FreeTDS does not seam to install itself in
/usr/local/freetds, as mentionned in the DOC, either from source, or via
the RPMs provided on freetds.org.

Compilation using this command works great : ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local --with-tdsver=4.2(or 7.0) --enable-msdblib
--enable-dbmfix --with-gnu-ld --enable-shared --enable-static, but freetds
is nowhere to be seen in /usr/local after I ran make install ...

To compile PHP with mssql support, it is said taht I need to add this
config line : --with-sybase-ct=/usr/local/freetds ... so what am I suppose
to do ? Also, what is the difference between the build options
--with-sybase et --with-sybase-ct ?

Thanks for any help.