freetds - Re: FreeRadius and FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeRadius and FreeTDS
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:30:32 -0500

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 10:24:10AM -0700, James K. Lowden wrote:
> What to do? I'm open to suggestions, and have a few. For starters, is
> anyone on your side subscribed to our list? That would help keep you
> abreast of what's changing.
>
> It's unfortunate, really, that FreeRadius decided on the libtds
> interface. FreeTDS supports three published interfaces defined by
> Sybase and Microsoft: db-lib, ct-lib, and ODBC. Any of these is
> stable. We're adding to them and correcting them, but we're not
> changing their definitions. If one of your team is interested in
> rewriting the freetds module in terms of db-lib, I would be willing to
> offer support and guidance.

FW(little)IW, I'm subscribed to both lists, but the details of this
freeradius module snuck completely under my radar -- we have no
particular desire to use something as heavy as MS SQL for our RADIUS
logging here. :) I'm also not particularly well-suited to trying to fix
rlm_sql_freetds, since I think I have better coverage of the libtds API
at this point than of any of the public ones... But at the very least, I
can try to build their module from CVS every now and again and scream if
anything looks amiss. :)

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer

  • FreeRadius and FreeTDS, James K. Lowden, 09/25/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: FreeRadius and FreeTDS, Steve Langasek, 09/25/2002