freetds - Re: OT: Announcement (or How I spent my summer vacation)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Leon Brooks <leon AT cclinic.com.au>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Announcement (or How I spent my summer vacation)
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:34:50 +0800

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 02:12, Brian Bruns wrote:
>> Lydia I presume to be a function of her progenitors.

> Let's see...Lydia from Beetle Juice ("I am alone...crumple...I am utterly
> alone"). Lydia the Tatooed lady. Lydia Lunch (for those who remember the
> 1980's punk scene). Did i miss any?

And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of
Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord
opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

Acts 16:14, KJV
(http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=ACTS+16:14&version=KJV)

`Purple' was a very expensive dye (think royalty) made from little shellfish.
This Lydia would have been quite wealthy. Acts 16:40 implies that her house
had plenty of accomodation, and Thyatira was at the time a burgeoning trade
centre.

Cheers; Leon

--
Computer Clinic (WA) P/L Lasting good health for your network!
+61-8-9207-3686 http://www.cclinic.com.au/

linux.conf.au 2003 The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://conf.linux.org.au/ 22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia