freetds - Re: OT: Announcement (or How I spent my summer vacation)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: OT: Announcement (or How I spent my summer vacation)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:12:06 -0400

> On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:52:53 -0400 (EDT), "Brian Bruns"
> <camber AT umcc.ais.org> wrote:
>
> > Lydia Rose Hill Bruns
>
> I demand to know:

demand eh? ;-)

> 1. Whence "Rose"?

A strong tradition of "Rose's" in my wifes family including her first
name, her grandmother, and asundry other relations. So, we decided to
carry it on in the incarnation of a middle name.

> 2. Whence "Hill"?

"Hill Bruns" being the last name, as I have a desire to screw up computer
programs everywhere not equipped to deal with spaces in the last name
field, and hyphenation is *sooooo* tacky. Anyway, Hill is my wifes last
name and Bruns is obviously mine.

> Bruns is obvious, and Lydia I presume to be a function of her progenitors.

Let's see...Lydia from Beetle Juice ("I am alone...crumple...I am utterly
alone"). Lydia the Tatooed lady. Lydia Lunch (for those who remember the
1980's punk scene). Did i miss any? Seriously, we just like the name.

> Brian, I am *very* glad to hear all are well. Please convey as much to
> the missus. By the way, have you told me her name? Surgery, it is
> universally acknowleged, is no fun, no matter who or what the cause. Fun
> or no, the adventure beginnith, and I wish you all the best.

Thanks, mom's name is Rose as mentioned above. Completely estatic that I
planned to take six weeks off work anyway, now it's almost a necessity. A
couple of pics of Lydia:

older brother and her: http://www.ais.org/~camber/LydiaandMiles.jpg
my ugly mug and her: http://www.ais.org/~camber/dadbaby.jpg

They haven't been cropped so they're a bit on the largish side.

> > I'll be scarce for a while, so I'll leave the driving in jkl's capable
> > hands.:-)
>
> We're going to rewrite everything in C#, drop this whole stupid database
> obsession, and just use flat files instead. Hope that's OK by you.

Sounds good! ;-)

> My best, Brian, to you and yours. Be well.
>
> --jkl

Thanks everyone for humouring me on the off-topic post, but I figure I'm
allowed the indulgence once in a while.

Brian