freetds - Re: config->char_set vs. config->client_charset?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: vorlon AT netexpress.net
  • Subject: Re: config->char_set vs. config->client_charset?
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 23:39:32 -0400

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:27:23 -0500, "Steve Langasek"
<vorlon AT netexpress.net> wrote:

> I think I'll take a
> few minutes to update ethereal's TDS dissector before crawling back into
> my hole to ponder UTF8 field length issues... :)

Brian,

I would like to suggest that, in between feedings, if you find the time,
you make that Ethereal code of yours, oh, GPL or something, and commit it
to the FreeTDS tree as src/ethereal.

Steve and Frediano both mentioned TDS and Ethereal by name in the last few
days. Seems to me they might profit from your efforts, or be tempted to
enhance them. You never know where temptation might lead....

Regards,