freetds - RE: buglets in the bcp code

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: buglets in the bcp code
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 02:17:00 -0500

Hi Bill,

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 07:44:49AM +0100, Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:

> I'm probably best placed to explain these functions, seeing as I mostly
> wrote or rewrote them.
> I'm not clear though, which functions you are most worried about.
> from your diff, it looks like you've made most changes to _bcp_exec_out() -
> is that the one ?

> Whatever, tell me which functions are insufficiently well-commented and I'll
> be happy to add comments for future understanding...

Yes, _bcp_exec_out() is the function in question. I was thinking that
there were two functions like this, but I guess I just stared at the one
function long enough to start seeing double. ;) Since you do know the
code best, it might not hurt if you would look over all the changes I'm
making to that file, to see if initializing them is really the right
solution, or if it's a bug causing the variables to not be initialized
elsewhere in the code.

> Thanks for cleaning up my code :-)

My pleasure. :)

Steve Langasek