freetds - RE: turn off padding of CHAR with spaces?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: turn off padding of CHAR with spaces?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:15:28 -0400

> I configured PHP to use ct-lib.
>
> > Unless we find an error in our implementation, I think your best bet is to
> > trim your data with SQL, or patch PHP to use NTBSTRINGBIND.
>
> Yeah, I am looking into investing some time into heading down this path,
> especially if it is actually the correct behaviour :)

Hi Chris,

you say you're using PHP with ctlib. Previously (in 0.53) it looks to me
like we always blank-trimmed char data, when returning it to a host
program from ctlib, i.e. we ignored the format element of the "destfmt"
structure.
Now, our behaviour will depend on what PHP is passing in the
destfmt.format when it calls the ctlib/cslib function.

Bill