freetds - RE: Freetds help needed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Freetds help needed
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 06:48:46 +0100

David,

Welcome to FreeTDS!
there are no theoretical barriers in your way, I use FreeTDS on a Sun Box to
talk to SQL server 2000.

I'd go thru chapter 3 of the user guide. At a (long shot) guess, from your
error messages, I'd say that you need to pay attention to the freetds.conf
file or the interfaces file - whichever you are using. I'd also have a look
at the section on environment variables.

The easiest way to verify is using the "tsql" program suppled with freetds -
that way you needn't concern yourself with sqsh until you have got the
basics working. See the user guide for more on tsql

If you still can't get things working let us know and we'll dig a little
deeper!

Good luck,

Bill

  • Freetds help needed, Walgamotte, David, 09/16/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Freetds help needed, Thompson, Bill D (London), 09/17/2002