freetds - RE: Mac OS X 10.1.5 Make Problem?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: stephen.hsu AT donovandata.com
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Mac OS X 10.1.5 Make Problem?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:49:13 -0400

Thanks to everyone for the responses, I haven't had a chance to try the
threadsafe version.
But I have tested for "man asprintf" and "man vasprintf" both returned
not found or something to that effect. I did the grep as well nothing
turned up. I'll try to
look into it some more tomorrow. Thanks.

later

"Lowden, James K"

<LowdenJK AT bernstein.com> To: "TDS
Development Group"
Sent by:
<freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
bounce-freetds-149453 AT franklin.metal cc:

ab.unc.edu Subject:
[freetds] RE: Mac OS X 10.1.5 Make Problem?

09/16/02 04:29 PM

Please respond to "TDS Development

Group"

Hi! Thanks for the PR.

> I'm trying to make FreeTds on OS X. I'm getting the following
>
> I../../include -g -O2 -DTDS50 -c asprintf.c
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -g
> -O2 -DTDS50
> -c asprintf.c -o asprintf.o
> asprintf.c: In function `vasprintf':
> asprintf.c:67: `_SC_PAGESIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)

Yes. OS X perhaps has another variation on the theme for SC_PAGESIZE?
What do you get for the following:

$ grep -r SC_PAGESIZE /usr/include
/usr/include/sys/unistd.h:#define _SC_PAGESIZE 28
/usr/include/sys/unistd.h:#define _SC_PAGE_SIZE
_SC_PAGESIZE

More interesting, what says "man asprintf" and "man vasprintf"? Are they
not implemented by Darwin? The FreeTDS asprintf.c module should not come
into play unless the OS does not provide these functions.

I would be happy to fix FreeTDS to accomodate OS X, if we can find the
equivalent of SC_PAGESIZE or correctly assess the presence of vasprintf(3).

In the meanwhile, you can patch src/tds/asprintf.c as follows:

On line 41, you'll see:

#ifdef _REENTRANT

change that to:

#if 1 /* always very true */

and rebuild. This change will force use of a slower (and threadsafe)
version of asprintf(), without invoking other threadsafe functions.

But I would like to fix your build properly.

HTH

named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent
original message. Please note that for certain accounts we do not accept
orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and for those accounts we will not be
responsible for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. Kindly
refrain
from sending orders or instructions by e-mail unless you have confirmed
that
we accept such communications for your account. Please also note that to
satisfy regulatory requirements we review the outgoing and incoming e-mail
correspondence of staff members serving certain functions.

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [stephen.hsu AT donovandata.com]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')