freetds - RE: help: tsql cannot connect to db while isql can

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ross Simpson <mqsimpson AT aol.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: help: tsql cannot connect to db while isql can
  • Date: 16 Sep 2002 10:31:22 -0600

Ok.. Still having the same problem, 'Could not find Servername
parameter'. Here are relevant sections of my INI files:

odbcinst.ini:
[ODBC Data Sources]
Sybase = Sybase ODBC 0.60 Driver

[Sybase]
Driver = /home/rsimpson/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Threading = 2
Description = Sybase ODBC 0.60 Driver
SERVER = db_server
PORT = 3106
USER = admin
Password = pwd
Database = db
OPTION = 12
SOCKET =

odbc.ini:
[EMDEV125_SYB]
Description = Sybase db
Driver = Sybase
Servername = EMDEV125_SYB
DATABASE = db
USER = admin
PASSWORD = pwd
SERVER = db_server
PORT = 3106
OPTION = 12
Trace = On
TraceFile = stderr

freetds.conf:
[EMDEV125_SYB]
host = db_server
port = 3106
tds version = 4.2

DSN used by the application:
DSN=EMDEV125_SYB;UID=admin;PWD=pwd

Environmental variables:
export SYBASE=/home/rsimpson/freetds
export FREETDSCONF=${SYBASE}/etc/freetds.conf

And, finally, the output from the odbc trace file:
[ODBC][20434][SQLAllocHandle.c][315]
Entry:
Handle Type = 2
Input Handle = 2daab5b0
[ODBC][20434][SQLAllocHandle.c][429]
Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
Output Handle = 2daba940
[ODBC][20434][SQLDriverConnect.c][586]
Entry:
Connection = 2daba940
Window Hdl = 0
Str In =
[DSN=EMDEV125_SYB;UID=admin;PWD=********][length = 39 (SQL_NTS)]
Str Out = ffbea004
Str Out Max = 511
Str Out Ptr = ffbea002
Completion = 0
DIAG [08001] Could not find Servername parameter

[ODBC][20434][SQLDriverConnect.c][1111]
Exit:[SQL_ERROR]
[ODBC][20434][SQLDisconnect.c][176]
Entry:
Connection = 2daba940
[ODBC][20434][SQLDisconnect.c][207]Error: 08003
[ODBC][20434][SQLFreeHandle.c][250]
Entry:
Handle Type = 2
Input Handle = 2daba940
[ODBC][20434][SQLFreeHandle.c][301]
Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]

Any thoughts? FreeTDS was compiled to use /home/rsimpson/freetds as the
prefix (and subsequently /home/rsimpson/freetds/etc as the conf_dir).

Thanks for the help ;)
Ross

--
Ross Simpson
Associate Software Engineer | MapQuest.com