freetds - Re: rc2 is ready for you

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: camber AT ais.org
  • Subject: Re: rc2 is ready for you
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:58:35 -0400

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:43:26 -0400 (EDT), "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
wrote:
> Hate to spoil the fun, but I just commited the cancel fix. I ended up
> just commiting it as was submitted with a comment about its effect. I
> think we need to revisit that function in 0.61+, it's getting ugly.
>
> Anyway, if you wouldn't mind tagging src/tds/read.c forward and doing
> another round. I'm also getting a doc/ make error from CVS...need to
> look into more but not tonight.

I retagged:
$ history |grep cvs
1485 cvs tag -r 1.17 -F R0_60 src/tds/read.c
1486 cvs tag -r 1.205 -F R0_60 ChangeLog

rebuilt the distribution, and uploaded. It's still called rc2; I doubt
anyone grabbed anything in the intervening hour (and if you did, whoever
you are, get the new one!)

> On a positive note, I'm wondering why I didn't write tsql years ago,
> it's so much easier testing a change than having to mess with sqsh.

Your timing couldn't have been better, I was contemplating that road when
you just went ahead and did it. For testing purposes, tsql is very
helpful. One of these days, maybe I'll add the things I think it needs.