freetds - rc2 is ready for you

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: rc2 is ready for you
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:08:34 -0400

All,

With any luck (and with some sleep), freetds-0.53rc2.tgz will do what rc1
was supposed to have done: install on your machine without difficulty.

ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/ALPHA/freetds/freetds-0.53rc2.tgz

should do the job.

Changes from rc1:

1. Works.
2. man pages included and install correctly.
3. txt2man not required.
4. userguide included in sgml and html forms.

Special request!

Anyone who has a non-i386, non-Linux machine, please download and build
rc2. If there are architecture problems, now is the time to find out.
Thank you!

Notes to anyone who knows better:

1. I get errors from sed during ./configure saying ./src/odbc/Makefile.in
doesn't exist. That might be because I don't configure for any odbc
manager.

2. I retagged Makefile.am, doc/Makefile.am, and ChangeLog to use
Frediano's versions. I think those were the only changes. It would be a
good idea, sourcecontrolwise, if someone who knows how could grab the
R0_60 branch and confirm that your "make dist" creates the same thing mine
does. (There will be one difference: "make dist" doesn't include the
README.0.60 in the root of the source tree. I didn't think it made sense
to add that to cvs.)

3. As non-Linux person myself, I'm not equipped to build RPMs or other
packages. I'm happy to include their availability in the announcement if
they're going to be provided.

A big Thank You to Frediano, both for promptly testing rc1 and kindly
repairing my Makefile.ams. Because of him, the man pages will slide right
in with the rest of your installation.

Barring problem reports, expect a release on Wednesday.

Regards,