freetds - RE: DBLIB Unit Tests failing again

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: DBLIB Unit Tests failing again
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 08:28:06 +0100

David,

We fixed the test t0016, but t0017 remains broken as far as I know.

t0016 attempts to bcp into a temporary table from a character format file.
The file should be present in the unittests directory - called "t0016.in"
I've not seen that error with t0016 before.
It looks like some sort of server side permissions issue on tempdb to me,
(although its an odd security setup that allows you to create a table, but
not insert rows into it...)

t0017 is broken, on account of the fact that I haven't yet sorted out the
bcp of text type data into SQL Server. Although the error trapping in t0017
is so poor, that it often shows up as a successful test!
This is a post 0.60 fix unfortunately.

Bill