freetds - Re: pre3 lessons

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: pre3 lessons
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:53:23 -0400

> What have we learned today?
>
> 1. dbcancel & Co. are fixed, thanks to Brian.
>
> 2. There is a uniqueidentifier patch ready for DBD::Sybase, but until then
> it won't handle that datatype. Need UG update on that.
>
> 3. tds_convert() shouldn't issue an error for anticipated zero-length
> conversions.
>
> 4. Todo needs updating. (So does ChangeLog).

I have a libtds reference guide/doxygen updates in the works expect it for
0.61.

We need to distill the ChangeLog/CVS commit log down into a reasonable
release announcement for the final 0.60.

> 5. Bad uniqueidentifier handling in sqsh is probably due to sqsh not
> understanding the datatype.
>
> 6. Eric experienced problems with DBD::ODBC. I consider that acceptable for
> 0.60. Nothing personal,
> Eric! :) I don't want to hold up the release for a problem that might take
> a while to isolate. If OTOH it is isolated and can be fixed quickly, then
> of course we should include the fix.
>
> Brian alleged "spurious conversion errors". Anything specific/confirmed?

This the zero length convert problem, consider it solved with the other.

> No new bugs. Is good. Expect -rc1 on Thursday or Friday if all stays quiet
> on the western front.

Awesome. Time to test your stuff folks! Speak now or wait til 0.61.