freetds - Re: pre3 lessons

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pre3 lessons
  • Date: 04 Sep 2002 20:55:41 +0200

> 2. There is a uniqueidentifier patch ready for DBD::Sybase, but until then
> it won't handle that datatype. Need UG update on that.

I fixed ct_fetch. It return CS_ROW_FAIL if a conversion error is
detected and set correctly indicators...

> 3. tds_convert() shouldn't issue an error for anticipated zero-length
> conversions.

dbconvert and cs_convert already check if srclen == 0 and do the right
things... I think odbc and tsql should be changed to this behaviour
too... But not so sure... What's your opinion ?

> 5. Bad uniqueidentifier handling in sqsh is probably due to sqsh not
> understanding the datatype.

I think so, tsql do not have problems...

> 6. Eric experienced problems with DBD::ODBC. I consider that acceptable for
> 0.60. Nothing personal,
> Eric! :) I don't want to hold up the release for a problem that might take
> a while to isolate. If OTOH it is isolated and can be fixed quickly, then
> of course we should include the fix.

I think odbc is a bit broken... As Bill test show explicitly...

> Brian alleged "spurious conversion errors". Anything specific/confirmed?
>
> No new bugs. Is good. Expect -rc1 on Thursday or Friday if all stays quiet
> on the western front.

It seem only a NULL problem...