freetds - Re: Nonfunctional datatype: UNIQUEIDENTIFIER

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Chad Enney" <Chad.Enney AT noaa.gov>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Nonfunctional datatype: UNIQUEIDENTIFIER
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:54:35 -0600

My apologies - it comes back as SYBUNIQUE. There seems to be a problem in ct_convert(). the length returned is 1107665543. :)

I'll keep looking.
chad

Chad Enney wrote:

Hi,

The UNIQUEIDENTIFIER type comes back to freetds as a SYBNTEXT or SYBTEXT type. My guess would be a problem with DBD:Sybase and the known issue with MS SQL Servers defaulting the size of TEXT types to ~ 2GB.

I just tried to issue the "set textsize 1024" statement and then selected a uniqueidentifier column but still received the same error as yours. I'll keep looking but maybe this will help one of the others around here in helping you :)

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you.
chad

Eric Deutsch wrote:

Hi, I inherited a table from someone else that has the datatype UNIQUEIDENTIFIER, which is supported by MSSQL 2000 at least. This is a GUID type thingy. It is a 16-byte value typically displayed in 32 hex digits like:

9E79F6C1-8327-11D0-A9CE-02608C8F74F1

When I do a query against such a column (using DBD::Sybase), I get:

[QUERY]: SELECT TOP 5 ConditionsID,s_GUID FROM accesstemp.dbo.[Human PCR Conditions]
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
=-2104898907|šÂ@=
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
=-2102394566|šÂ@=
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
=-2098241821|šÂ@=
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
=-2097918306|šÂ@=
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
=-2094131412|šÂ@=

The first column is correct, but the second appears to be garbled junk. In one test, I got the program to dump a 1 GB core, but that doesn't always happen.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Eric

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [Chad.Enney AT noaa.gov]

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [Chad.Enney AT noaa.gov]