freetds - freebcp test and patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: freebcp test and patch
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:46:07 -0700

Hi all, I just ran a few tests of freebcp from Linux to MSSQL 2000 and
it seems to work quite well. I'd like to suggest two fixes:

1) It seems like TDSDUMPing is always forced on. I added a -d option
which only turns on the dumping if selected. Not dumping now more than
doubles my BCP speed and doesn't demand nearly as much CPU.

2) There's a little bug in the way the malloc() for dbobject is done
that sometimes causes the last character of the table to be truncated
(I'm utterly baffled why it's only sometimes, though!!)

Patch is attached.

Thanks!
Eric

  • freebcp test and patch, Eric Deutsch, 09/03/2002