freetds - RE: MS SQLServer 2000 and "for xml auto" command

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: MS SQLServer 2000 and "for xml auto" command
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:05:42 +0100

Chad,

Nice to know the latest (well nearly) snapshot is holding up otherwise.
BTW, what is your mainline code - A bespoke C program , sqsh, or what ?
If it's a bespoke C program what type of variable are you trying to bind the
resulting data to ?

Jim,
I don't think its anything specifically to do with this "for xml auto"
thingy.
my guess is that Chad has fallen foul of some code which is not quite
finished yet in convert.c - tds_convert_ntext() !
I kinda skipped over this in the rewritten convert logic , because I
couldn't figure it out in the time available.
Who kind of weirdo uses NTEXT columns anyway ? :-)

I guess I should get it plugged sooner rather than later....

If no-one else feels brave enough to pick this up tonight, send me a mail,
and I'll sort it tomorrow Morning (GMT)

Bill