freetds - RE: changes overnight

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: changes overnight
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:14:07 +0200

> There are three
> recent threads
> on that subject that I think are unfixed:
>
> 1. "VAR or not VAR?", needs close examination

ODBC return spaces padding for CHAR (not for VARCHAR).
CHAR(8) '1234' -> "1234 "
VARCHAR(8) '1234' -> "1234"
(odbc add always terminator, truncating string)

> 2. "Issue with IMAGE type in latest build", may need "0x" prepended to
> output in some cases (definitely not dbconvert(), though).

Ok, "0x" is not needed:
- ctlib do not add (as you can see from php checks)
- dblib do not add (as you tested)
- odbc do not add (I just finished testing)

A note should added to convert.c and tsql should print 0x for this
conversion (I think this mail will be my last addition to freetds today..).

> 3. "Convert seems totally broken now", may be refined in #1.

Yes, it should so.
Using cur_row_size instead of column_size solve terminator and garbage data
at end, not the problem is padding or not..

> I also applied the sensible patch from York Ye, allowing a
> servername to
> have a port appended:
>
> $ src/apps/tsql -S sandbox:4100 -U saw -P 'buzz'
> 1>
>
> Thank you, York. Please send us a "diff -u" next time; it
> makes our lives
> easier and saves you the work of writing instructions.

When document this please suggest alternative specification on freetds.conf.
I not completely agree with this... It seem like odbc string connection
where you can put all connection option on connection string but dblib do
not have a connection string...

> Also
> thanks Eric,
> for your freebcp patch. I reworked it a little after
> applying your patch,
> but I think you'll recognize the results.

Someone in the mainlist told it test dblib with a result of just one test
fail :) But I still got 3 failure :(

> OK, I think I've said enough. Please have fun.
>
> --jkl

bye
freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."