freetds - RE: changes overnight

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: changes overnight
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:30:10 -0400

> > 2. "Issue with IMAGE type in latest build", may need "0x" prepended to
> > output in some cases (definitely not dbconvert(), though).
>
> Ok, "0x" is not needed:
> - ctlib do not add (as you can see from php checks)
> - dblib do not add (as you tested)
> - odbc do not add (I just finished testing)
>
> A note should added to convert.c and tsql should print 0x for this
> conversion (I think this mail will be my last addition to freetds today..).

I tested under OpenClient dblib/ctlib and tracked down the location where
sqsh prepends the 0x, so I'm satisfied that it goes away. I'll patch tsql
to handle it (sqsh checks CS_BINARY_TYPE and CS_IMAGE_TYPE, need to verify
that it is absent from binary as well).

BTW, I'd like to thank everyone who is doing such a wonderful job bug
finding/fixing. I'm throughly enjoying my hiatus from FreeTDS
maintainance ;-)
I'm actually looking forward to breaking some new ground when I get back
into the swing of things, I've got some new directions I want to
investigate.

Brian